8/4/13

Almighty God

For a few weeks we are featuring material from Teach Us to Pray©1995  by Discipleship Publications International. This week’s post is an excerpt from a chapter by Ron Drabot who now ministers in Charlotte, North Carolina.

Upon taking a ministry staff position at the age of 23 in Columbus, Ohio, I quickly realized that leading, maintaining and growing a spiritual ministry was much beyond what I humanly could accomplish.  A mighty deed such as this required direct help from an Almighty God.


God is the Almighty God.  There is nothing he cannot do.  There is no victory he cannot win.  There is no tragedy he cannot overcome. No mountain he cannot move.  I was determined to know this Almighty God better than I knew anybody.  I realized that though I might not be as talented as others in the ministry, I could be one of God’s closest friends. I committed myself to a radical relationship with him.  We would talk more.  I would read more.  We would dream together, laugh together and cry together. 

Now, years later, I can say, never doubt that God is the Almighty and that there is none like him.  Whatever your role in the kingdom, the Almighty God hears your prayers.  He is not confined to small boxes and humanistic limitations.  He is not a faraway God or one who stopped doing great deeds when the Bible’s pages stopped being written.  He is the same God today he was then. To find him and see him display his mighty deeds, join me, and begin paying much more attention to prayer, and watch the God of miracles revolutionize your faith and make you fall on your knees shouting–My God Almighty!

Prayer

Almighty God, teach me to be content in every situation, no matter how overwhelming life might seem to be.  I realize you have given me everything I need for life and godliness.  Thanks for being my comforter, best friend and awesome God.  You have my heart, life, mind and soul.  Use me for your purpose and for your glory.

Help me always to be mindful of your power, love, compassion and acceptance of me as your adopted and chosen son.  When life seems confusing, lonely and difficult, help me to focus on the cross.  Help me to see the good in all situations, to use them for your glory and to be personally strengthened in my inner being.  And help me, God, to always trust in your Almighty nature.


4 comments:

  1. Amazing...all I can say is how AMAZING our God is

    ReplyDelete
  2. This convicts me to walk closer with Jesus. I limit him with my humanism. My soul is encouraged. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much! Exactly what I needed to encourage my spirit and fight against doubt and fear.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tom thanks for sharing your life and your prayers. You are one of my hero in the faith. Our God is an awesome and amazing God.

    ReplyDelete