9/16/10

The Kingdom of God Is Here

First copy--nice feeling
A couple of days ago my wife Sheila appeared in my office doorway and said with a smile “The Kingdom of God is near.” She was not trying to be a female version of John the Baptist. She was letting me know that the first copy of our new book on the Kingdom of God had been shipped.

This morning it arrived and it always nice to hold in your hand that first copy of a new book hot off the press, particularly after a number of months of study, writing and rewriting. At long last, here it is. But there was some extra excitement and satisfaction this time.

I have been privileged to write several books over the last sixteen years and receive kindness and grace from those of you who have read them. However, I have never felt about another book the way I feel about this one that Steve and I have been working on for two years.

Without question the Kingdom of God was Jesus’ favorite topic and main message, and the more we have studied it, the more we have understood why he would make it the center of his preaching.

Steve is in South America as I record this, but he and I can’t wait for you to get the book and for you to start interacting with us as we take some bold steps into the age-to-come lifestyle Jesus calls is to live when he calls us into his Kingdom.

Matthew 6:9-10
"This, then, is how you should pray:

" 'Our Father in heaven,
hallowed be your name,
10your kingdom come,
your will be done
on earth as it is in heaven.

Matthew 5:3
"Blessed are the poor in spirit,
for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

Matthew 6:33
But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. 

1 comment:

  1. Tom,
    I read Steve and your interview regarding your journey to this point to continue to co-write your three volumes on The Kingdom of God. You've both whet my appetite with what you said. I just ordered Vol. 1 this morning and look forward to learning more and living out what it means to be in the Kingdom of God!

    P.S. Thank you for introducing proleptically to my English vocabulary!

    ReplyDelete