1/3/10

Go For It!

I’ve felt a bit of pressure this week knowing that since it is the first Web cast of January, some of you may be looking for words of wisdom to launch you into a new year. But, on the other hand, I told myself that since it is the fourth of the month, you probably have your goals set, your theme scripture passage selected, and your motor revved up and ready to go. Assuming that, I have decided not to confuse or distract you with some other ideas.

Instead, I just want to remind you of a few things as you pursue godly growth and change in a new year.

First of all, you are in same mode as Paul when he wrote: “Brothers, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.” (Philippians 3:13-14)


But if you should have doubts about yourself, hear the words the angel spoke to Gideon, a man who also had his doubts: "The Lord is with you, mighty warrior" (Judges 6:12). And later “Go in the strength that you have…Am I not sending you?” (Judges 6:14).


A few weeks from now, after hitting some obstacles and wondering if you can do it, keep in mind the words from Hebrews. “Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful” (Hebrews 10:23).

Finally, when you have had some victories, have the attitude of Paul when he said “But by the grace of God I am what I am, and his grace to me was not without effect. No, I worked harder than all of them—yet not I, but the grace of God that was with me” (1 Corinthians 10).


Now go for it in the New Year!

1 comment:

  1. Wow just what I needed this Monday morning. I'm so encouraged to be able to start this new year with a goal/resolve in mind. I know there will be challenges/hardships/obstacles to get over,but more than that I just want to glorify God with my victories. Thanks for spurring me on and encouraging me on the 1st day of this journey.

    ReplyDelete